Anyone faced with financial hardship may apply to the Food Bank for assistance. We are here to help. Clients must be able to show proof of need.
Beginning in January 2018, we launched our new self-help shopping model. This model allows clients to budget and spend their allotted points on items of their choice.
Clients can come in Monday to Friday between 9 am and 11:45 am to be seen without an appointment.
New clients will have to bring:
- 1 piece of identification
- Proof of address (bill, mail, lease, etc. with your name sent to that address)
- Proof of income for you and any other adults in the household (pay stubs, OW or EI statement etc)
- Proof of expenses (rent, mortgage, fixed monthly expenses, etc.)
- Shopping Bags (bonus points for breads and pastries are awarded to clients who bring their own bags)
NOTE : Clients must arrange their own transportation to and from 100 Crimea St. Delivery may be arranged in advance with an outside delivery service after personal servicing at the GFB office by the client.